Punjab can well claim to have a kaleidoscopic culture, which is very vibrant in its nature and spirit, just like its landscape that boasts of a grea t variety. Its indigenous traits go back to a recorded period of at least 500,000 years. The resultan t inherent quality of its mode of life, its language and the formation of its civic society, has its very own individuality and a singular personality that distinguish it from the corporeal patterns of other places.
To conduct research in the history, culture, political issues of Punjab (both sides of the divide) an institution named after a great Punjabi philanthropist wa s established as “ Dyal Singh Research & Cultural Forum ” (DSRCF), whose Chief Patron is the Chairman, Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB).
- To carry out research in Punjabi language, history, literature and culture.
- To provide research expertise to and facilitate the desirous scholars, at home and abroad.
- To inculcate and promote research oriented approach in the society particularly in the youth.
- To promote and disseminate research work using electronic and print media.
- To publish and print quality books, magazines, periodicals, research papers etc.
- To establish a credible centre for translation of books from one language to the other, particularly English/Urdu to Punjabi (Shahmukhi & Gurmukhi ) and vice versa.
- To transcribe Punjabi books from Gurmukhi to Shahmukhi and vice versa.
- To arrange seminars, discussions, ‘ mushairas ’ , talks etc.
- To arrange, organize and promote cultural functions.
- To establish a self-sustained Punjabi University offering different disciplines with special Punjabi Research Centre.
- To arrange visits/tours of students and scholars at home and abr oad to enhance the exposure.
- To produce/arrange articles on the current issues of Punjab or Punjabi history and culture for publishing in the print medium within the country, India, Europe and North America;
- To run and maintain a Dynamic Website, in line with the highly so phisticated IT world, to provide its visitors maximum and updated information on Punjab- and Sikh-related subjects and news, in addition to making DSRCF publications available on line. (www.dsrcf.org)
- To establish a Punjabi Radio & TV station.